Friday, July 28, 2017

With time

So, I've been gone for a while......

Readjusting after vacation. Working crazy overtime hours. Trying to rest in between. More recently, I've been doing all 3 in addition to trying to have somewhat of a social life. It's been interesting to say the least.

July 19th, I went for my follow-up visit. It wasn't a good visit for me due to the fact that the dermatologist office that I've went to for the last 2 yrs was bought by a new company. My dermatologist that started me on my treatment was no longer there. I saw a new dermatologist and it was very off putting to me, because I wasn't not familiar with her. 
Needless to say, she advised that I'll be going up to 60mg CLARAVIS, taking a 30mg capsule twice a day. In addition to upping my dosage, she Rx'd me a topical ointment called SEBUDERM to minimize redness. 

I did not like that at all. I feel like the treatment can become harsher and to add in another Rx would be too much. I left feeling MEHHHH, for a lack of better words.

The weekend came and went and I had so much going on, that I missed taking the last 2 of my 40mg capsules on 7/22 & 7/23. On 7/25 I finished off my last 40mg capsule and started taking 2 30mg a day on 7/26. Today, 7/28 marks 57 days I've been taking CLARAVIS and with each day that passes I feel more and more like my old self. Is my skin 100% clear? NO, but it's that it's been in months and I am happy with the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment