Sunday, October 1, 2017

4 months IN

4 months into Accutane & Chill and shit went crazy. So last time I posted was around the end of August. I had my follow up with Dr. Schaen on 8/23 and flew out to NOLA on 8/26. I had to make a call to the pharmacy and let them know that I would have my brother pick it up before the iPledge deadline of 1159pm on 8/28. When my flight landed and I settled into my hotel room, I called the pharmacy to see if the order would arrive on Monday before the deadline. The answer was yes. I enjoyed my mini vacation, but bright and early Monday morning I called the pharmacy and they hadn't received the order. They offered an option to pick up my Rx at another CVS pharmacy. They transferred the Rx and I sent my brother there.
 
I returned home Tuesday morning and saw the pharmacy bag on the table. I opened it and there was only 1 box. My Rx is for 2 boxes. Some days past and I realized that my one box was coming to an end and I've yet to hear about the 2nd box. I called my regular pharmacy and inquired about the 2nd box. They said the shipment never came, so I asked where is my 2nd box? They advised that the CVS they transferred my Rx to should have it. I called the 2nd CVS pharmacy and they didn't have it. I spent 2 hrs back and forth between 2 pharmacies who couldn't tell me who owed me my 2nd box.
 
I called my dermatologist office and they said X amount of days had passed and the iPledge program is requesting that I come in and give a urine sample and go thru a full follow up. How am I going thru this, when it's the pharmacy that didn't fill the Rx as written? I didn't want to deal with CVS anymore and asked to have my Rx sent to Kroger or Walgreens.
 
All of this happened on Friday 9/15. The dermatologist couldn't get me in with Dr. Schaen, so I was set up to see Dr. Ngozi, Monday 8/18 @ 1pm. Pissed I agreed. Monday came and I was pleasantly surprised to have been seen by an African American dermatologist. Leaving the office, I set up my next follow-up for 15 days out with Dr. Ngozi(will no longer be seeing Dr. Schaen. Personally I feel as a black woman, I should be seen by another BLACK women.) They need me to fast so they can draw blood and test my cholesterol and make sure my Liver is intact. The Rx they sent in that day was only for a 15 day supply and was ready 2 days later. They sent it right back to CVS. I gave up on trying to change that. By the time I picked it up, I had been without my daily CLARAVIS dosage for 6 days. Thankfully my skin is at a stage where I'm not breaking out, so it didn't revert back.
 
My blood work will be done at 7am on 10/4 and I'll be put back on my full 30 day dosage of 60mg of CLARAVIS.
 
My skin has been doing it's thing. I attended a wedding in Columbus, GA. The wedding was BEAUTIFUL, but it was so HOT outside, my face was red the entire time. I'm still using the Sebuderm to minimize redness and it does what it's supposed, unless I'm overexposed to HEAT. IT's semi blotchy in areas where the cystic acne was most prevelant. I guess that will fixed itself with time or something topical in the future.
.
.
.
Showered
.
.
.
Got dressed and headed to work
.
.
.
settled in at work
.
.
.
and here's my face
 
Will be back after my follow up Wednesday!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment