Friday, June 16, 2017

14 days in

With flash
.
.
.
Shower
.
.
.
Get dressed
.
.
.
Settle in at work
.
.
.
and here's my face

On 6/14/17, I went to my Dermatologist for a follow up appt.
I informed them that even though I picked up my pills on 5/22/17, I didn't start them until 6/1/17.
The nursing assistant asked how have things been going and I shared with him the
■Dry lips
■Dry Scalp
■Losing eyelashes daily during days 1-7
He had me give another urine sample. No blood work was done.
He advised that going forward I'll always be 2 weeks ahead of the usual 30 days before a new Rx is written and dispersed.

Dr. Bellamy came in and we chatted it up as she analyzed my face.
She made me aware that I am in the "initial BREAKOUT" phase, then advised to start doubling up.
Instead of taking 1 20mg CLARAVIS capsule, I should start taking 2 20mg CLARAVIS capsules.
Here's where I start to experience more of the drying out of my skin.
The next Rx she writes will be for 40mg CLARAVIS.
She didn't specify if to take 1 in the AM and the other in the PM or both at the same time.
I'm choosing to take 2 at 1 time, because I'll forget, especially since my sleep pattern isn't consistent.
I made her aware that I'm an avid pimple popper and of course she advised against doing so as it leads to scaring. With that being said, she suggested a facial cleanser caller AVAR.

I'm to use on the areas with prominent puss filled bumps. This will help dry them out so they won't get to that stage where I'd usually have the urge to pop them.

The nursing assistant came back in to check me out and I picked his brain about it being SUMMERTIME and what my options are regarding pools and beaches and just being out in general
He advised to cover up as much as I can and to use SPF 30+ with ZINC and sunscreen that were labelled waterproof & sport and provided me samples of different brands of sunscreens:

No comments:

Post a Comment