Friday, June 2, 2017

Do your OWN research!!!

This blog documentation of my skin prior to, during and eventually after Accutane all started because  it was kind of difficult to find women with complexions other than white to fair.
There were a few women of color who shared PARTS of their Accutane journey mainly via Youtube.
They however didn't get into much detail, or didn't show their skin without makeup or just talked about how they maintained the dryness they experienced with makeup.

They all emphasized ONE thing though: protecting your lip from severe dryness.
Their recommendation:

{They advised to use it often, especially when going to sleep}
I bought enough to have one at my desk at work, on my night stand, in my bathroom and in both handbags I'm currently alternating between.
{On the hunt for Aquaphor Lip Protectant + Sunscreen}
Coming from someone who was an avid Carmex user and from someone who has never had dry/chapped lips I decided to by one and try it...I LOVED it.
Even after my treatment, I'll continue to use it.

Due top the fact that Accutance is going to halt oil production in your skin, mainly your face where the acne is most prevalent, you don't want to invest or continue to use facial cleansing products that will strip you skin of oils(that aren't there).
Sooooooooo...

HYDRATION  HYDRATION  HYDRATION

To Pinterest I went for all my visual aids and I immediately saw a trend.
I noticed a couple of brands that others who were on or are on an Accutane journey being used:
Eucerin
Aquaphor
Aveeno
Kiehl's
best drug store products to use when on Accutane // the MRS. & the MOMMA: My Accutane Skin Care Regiment:
from TheMRSandTheMomma
Being on Accutane can wreak havoc on your skin. Here are some skincare products to make your Accutane treatment a little easier - via thisyouneed.com:
from ThisYouNeed

Accutane Update and Skin Survival Tips | http://www.prettylittlegrub.com/2015/04/07/accutane-update-skin-survival-tips/:
from PrettyLittleGrub
I eventually made up my mind on a combination pf products to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment