Friday, June 2, 2017

iPLEDGE allegiance to ACCUTANE

The process involved with starting Accutane:

Urine sample to rule out pregnancy. 
A blood sample that same day but my veins kept rolling, so NO DICE.
Was given a booklet titled The iPLEDGE Program
ISOTRETINOIN EDUCATIONAL KIT 
FOR FEMALE PATIENTS WHO CAN GET PREGNANT"
{The Importance of Avoiding Pregnancy on Isotreatinoin}

Inserted in the booklet, were two sets of documents that I had to sign multiple times signifying that I understand I can not start Accutane if I am pregnant nor can I get pregnant during my treatment.

Dermatologist filed copies of my signed documents.
In the booklet, I was provided my iPLEDGE number.
Dermatologist office registered with iPLEDGE and started the process on their end.
Returned 30 days later{Wednesday May 17th, 17} gave my blood sample & was given my Rx.
{I was told to wait until Friday before registering & dropping the Rx off}
Dermatologist office completes the iPLEDGE process on their end.
Register myself with iPLEDGE online and answered a questionnaire that once again signified that I understood I can not start Accutane if I am pregnant nor can I get pregnant during my treatment.
Dropped my Rx off Friday morning.
Pharmacy registers and completes their part of the iPLEDGE process.
Picked up my Rx of CLARVIS{brand name version}of Isotretinoin on Monday May 22nd, 17'


Being that Memorial Day weekend was approaching, I made a decision to not start immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment