Thursday, June 1, 2017

Pulled a fast one...OUCH

I returned from NYC almost close to midnight on Jan 3rd 2017 and went right to sleep.
With nothing on stomach, the very next morning I headed to an appt.
They were supposed to draw blood but couldn't because my veins were rolling.
After my appt I ate something light, ran some errands then went back home to sleep before going into work.

Arrived early to work on Jan 4th, 2017, so I went to Walmart and got some food to carry me thru my shift.
Thursday night came and I was at work and my co-worker and I ordered pizza & wings from Pizza Hut.
Between 230 - 4am or so, I started to feel really sick and ask my co-worker if he felt weird.
He said "no, I feel fine."
I informed my supervisor and went home.

I slept all day except for the 3 times I ran to toilet. I had diarrhea.
After the 3rd trip I zombie walked back to my room and blacked out.
I fell bringing down my TV, the stools it was on.
I slid into the bed and just laid there in a trance.
I don't know how but i ended up recording my surroundings and sent it to my sister in NYC.
I looked at the video then felt my chin.
It hurt and was bleeding.
She called and I told her what happened in very slurred words.
She called my brother who lived in 5-10mins away, but he was out and over an hour away.
He ended up calling mommy and she headed my way.
I mustered up the energy to get dressed, unlock the door and lay sprawled out on my couch.
Mommy examined me and said "WTF did you do?" {rhetorically} 

That night it just so happened a hurricane/storm of sorts passed thru Atlanta and we didn't have to report to work.
She drove me to the emergency room where I retold the story of what happened.
They checked me in and ran their tests.
I fainted due to DEHYDRATION.

The gash I had on my chin was patched up with "Dermabond"{a skin glue} that heals faster than stitches and doesn't leave much of a scar.
I braced myself for the soreness that was to come though.
I was advised to be gentle when cleaning/washing my face and to not get the wounded area wet.
I was also advised that when it started to heal it will scab & to NOT pick at it.
Let it fall off on it's own.
Leaving the emergency room, mommy took me to the grocery store where I picked up Bread, Applesauce, Bananas and Tea.
I snacked on that for a few days but was able to return to work the very next night.

Swollen chin and with a delicate appetite, I returned to work to like nothing happened.

By Jan 16th, 2017 the Dermabond was gone.
The gash had closed up, yet the area was still tender.
Now I just sat back and let it heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment